[mythtv-users] UK DVB-S Channel Numbering

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Mon Apr 9 18:22:41 UTC 2012

On 09/04/12 18:30, Nick Morrott wrote:

> I also have support to allow a user to select which subscription
> packages/channels are received in addition to FTA/FTV channels on
> platforms such as Virgin and Sky. During configuration the grabber
> also asks for country/postcode location info to determine which
> regional channels to include. The end result of this process is a
> filtered list of channels that can either be used by the grabber for
> listings retrieval or output as a region-specific XML lineup (a subset
> of the complete "master" lineup) for use outside the grabber.

That's great new, Nick! Just two days ago I was forced to re-run the entire
Freeview scan again because my finger slipped... not fun.

A note you may wish to consider with respect to regional variations. I get my
service from the Hannington transmitter, I'm about 8 miles North from there, in
postcode RG14. I have these two lines in my Freeview.xmltv for ITV1:

channel=tsod.plus-1.central-macro.itv1.itv.co.uk
channel=south-thamesvalley.itv1.itv.co.uk

Anybody spot the problem? Actually it's /worse/, since I don't get either of
those, it's Meridian around here.

What I'm saying is that the postcode-region mapping is... inexact. I know you
rely on users to provide you with better data, how can we help?

--

Mike Perkins