[mythtv-users] 4Meg buffer on Playback details

Pieter De Wit pieter at insync.za.net
Fri Apr 6 22:15:26 UTC 2012

Hi List,

I see that there is a "new" (I only found it last night :) )menu option
under the playback menu that shows details about the current playback.
Stuff like Disk to buffer, buffer to decoder etc.

Since it's a big overlay, I can't have it on 24/7, but I did notice that
there is a 4meg buffer before the decoder. On live TV this buffer is
hardly used, it stays at 99% free all the time. When playing back a
movie, this buffer is used.

So my question is, should the buffer (ever noticed how close the 'g' key
is when writing that...) be used during LiveTV - could this be a
possible solution for the LiveTV program change issue ?

Cheers,

Pieter