[mythtv-users] If I go for 0.25 can I downgrade afterward

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Thu Apr 5 20:43:00 UTC 2012

No.

On 4/5/2012 16:36, Chris Lewis wrote:
> If it is, and for some reason it all goes horribly wrong, how
> difficult is it to undo it all?   Would it be a reinstall to get my
> working 0.24 system back.

You can install an old version of the software, but the database schema
updates are one-way-only.  You can upgrade, but you cannot downgrade.
When you run mythtv-setup or the master backend and let it upgrade the
database, it will automatically produce a dump file.  Should you wish
you revert, a few simple commands will let you drop your database, and
recover from that dump file, however you will lose any information
modified since the moment you dumped.  If you made any recordings after
that point, they will end up orphaned.