[mythtv-users] Cannot autoplay DVDs or CDs in 0.25 rc (Ubuntu 11.10)

Gavin Whitehead gavin at alabastercranium.demon.co.uk
Thu Apr 5 17:57:40 UTC 2012

On 04/04/2012 23:55, Frank Phillips wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 3:48 PM, Gavin Whitehead
> <gavin at alabastercranium.demon.co.uk
> <mailto:gavin at alabastercranium.demon.co.uk>> wrote:
>
>     So comparing my logging when I insert a CD against the logging
>     Matthiaus Meyer is posting in
>     (http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/510775#510775)
>     I can see that he gets
>
>        Found a handler - 'MythMusic Media Handler 1/2'
>
>     and I get
>

>        No media handler found for event type
>
>     I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the MythTvMusic package
>     but the logging is the same and the CD still doesn't play.
>
>     Is autoplay of CDs and DVDs working for anyone on 0.25 under
>     Ubuntu (11.10)?
>
>     Any help appreciated.
>

>     Gavin
>

> Do you have libcdio installed (not libcdaudio)? This has changed for 0.25.
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Release_Notes_-_0.25

I appear to  have both in /usr/lib.

libcdaudio.so.1 -> libcdaudio.so.1.0                #  from libcdaudio1
libcdio.so.10 -> libcdio.so.10.0.0                  #  from libcdio10

There are also

libcdio_cdda.so.2 -> libcdio_cdda.so.2.2.3          #  from libcdio_cdda0
libcdio_paranoia.so.0 -> libcdio_paranoia.so.0.0.3  #  from
libcdio_paranoia0

I have run the front end with '-v all' and captured the output for
startup, insert cd, goto mythmusic, play CD.  At no time does the string
'libcd' appear in the logging.

Gavin