[mythtv-users] Weird HDMI problem

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 16:42:58 UTC 2012

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 20:37, Igor Cicimov <icicimov at gmail.com> wrote:
> I wish I could find some detailed description of the fglrx options like the
> ones for radeon driver given above ...

AFAIK there is no good documentation.  If you run
   aticonfig --help
there are a log of configurable options that eventually
get set in xorg.conf, but under different names than
the aticonfig uses, so about all you can do is change
one option at a time using aticonfig and see what the
xorg.conf file looks like (there are some options to
force ports to be always on, and some always off,
and some values of screen sizes and horizontal
and vertical rates that might be able to be set in a
way to force a particular resolution; using the values
from the logs when things work might be a hint).

If you do figure things out, perhaps you should create
an appropriate wiki entry (I have this vague recollection
that there is a linux ati users wiki).

Good luck.

Gary