[mythtv-users] Am I cable card ready?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 16:42:18 UTC 2012

Thanks for the detailed explanation Gary!

So I think we're just going to try it out for awhile on the STB to see
if we really want to keep cable. The only thing I really don't like
about the RNG100 is that here's no HDMI or component output. The
S-Video works well enough though for my 32" LCD.

 I only "upgraded" to keep my promotional rate on cable internet.
Between OTA HD and Netflix streaming we really don't miss having cable
and I certainly don't care about the interactive/VOD stuff.

Thanks,
Richard