[mythtv-users] Access Mythtv from Roku

Kris B. krisbee at krisbee.com
Tue Apr 3 02:41:20 UTC 2012

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012, at 10:25 PM, Robert Dege wrote:

  After tweaking mythtv_tv_xml.php a bit (and disabling mythweb
  authentication), I am now able to get several TV shows to show
  up in mythroku.  However, I am unable to play any of the
  videos, whether they be mp4, or nuv.  I checked the video
  codecs, and confirmed that the mp4 files are mpeg-4 (see
  attached photo), so I'm not sure why they are not playing.
  I telnet to $ROKU_DEV_TARGET 8080 but saw no player debugging
  info.  Do you have any suggestions or areas to check?

Nuv will certainly not play - they are for myth only.  As for
your output, xvid can also be an mp4, and I couldn't really see
from what you attached if it was an h264 mp4... please check the
file in mplayer to see what the full codec family that file
belongs.

You do have to put the player in developer mode to see any output
on the roku telnet - if you didn't side load the channel manually
but used the private channel, you won't get any output.  Easy
enough to turn on (look around and you will find it)...

Hopefully the answer will be around the corner for you, and don't
hesitate to ask here or on the Roku forum, or via email.  Tell me
either way! :)

--
Kris B.
[1]krisbee at krisbee.com