[mythtv-users] Gentoo 0.24.2 mythbuntu theme?

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 17:15:43 UTC 2012

On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 7:14 PM, Scott & Nicole Harris
<snharris99 at live.com> wrote:
> FWIW, on my Mythbuntu installations, themes are downloaded to
> ~/.mythtv/themes, not /usr/share/mythtv/themes where they used to go.  I
> have found the new theme download setup to be dodgy at best, but seemed to
> have better success (probably purely coincidental) after opening up
> permissions full throttle on the ~/.mythtv/themes directory.  I had one
> installation that absolutely refused to download themes (same symptoms
> you're experiencing), so I manually copied the theme I wanted from a machine
> that I COULD download from to its ~/.mythtv/themes folder.
>
> Since doing fresh installs on all my machines, I have had no download
> issues....not that a fresh install of the OS should make a difference.

Yea, I was finally able to download the themes I wanted, but that
theme download certainly seems to be extremely hit and miss.  There
was really no rhyme or reason as to why the downloads eventually
worked.  I hadn't changed anything, so it appears to just be somewhat
of a crap-shoot.  Even when they worked they gave an error the first
time and worked immediately after.

On a totally different topic, I was checking out some other themes.
There's one thing about many of the available themes that totally
blows my mind...something I've never understood (don't get me
wrong...I have nothing but respect for the theme devs, and have no
room to gripe not being one :D)...

I don't understand why there seem to be so many otherwise great themes
where the recorded programs screen omits many of the program detail
icons...especially the icon to indicate that the recording has a
bookmark.  That one detail makes so many great themes (such as
Arclight) pretty much a non-starter for me.  Sort of a shame...

Tom