[mythtv-users] Gentoo 0.24.2 mythbuntu theme?

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 21:31:57 UTC 2012

On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 5:13 PM, Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 4:53 PM, Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Duh...just found out about theme downloading...trying that now....
>>
>> Tom
>
> Is it just me or is that theme download a bit stuborn?  I was able to
> get my MythBuntu installed, though I had to try twice.
>
> I wanted to check out some of the other wide screen themes and NONE of
> them want to download.  If gets stuck on the clock with the
> downloading theme message and the progress bar remains totally
> unchanged.  At that point I have to kill the frontend.
>
> Am I missing something?
>
> Tom

I seem to be going steeply downhill here now.  I read a post about
this having to do with permissions on /usr/share/mythtv/themes, which
made me notice that the MythBuntu theme wasn't even in there.  I made
the mistake of trying to delete and re-download the theme, and I
simply can't.

I can't download any themes at this point at all.  I've restarted the
frontend and backend, any no luck.  What on earth am I missing here?

Can I just manually download it to /usr/share/mythtv/themes from somewhere?

Tom