[mythtv-users] osx-packager.pl and git

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Fri Sep 30 17:40:38 UTC 2011

At 10:06 AM -0700 9/30/11, Joann Bessler wrote:
>I'm trying to update my G5 backend to 0.24. I've downloaded the
>osx-packager script using:
>
>git clone -b OSX-fixes
><git://github.com/MythTV/packaging.git>git://github.com/MythTV/packaging.git
>
>After fixing a dead link, I run the script using:
>
>osx-packager.pl -gitrev OSX-fixes -enable-backend -enable-jobtools
>-pluginskip -m32 -verbose
>
>After crunching away for a long while, I end up with this failure message:

>[osx-pkg] /usr/local/git/bin/git checkout --merge OSX-fixes
>error: pathspec 'OSX-fixes' did not match any file(s) known to git.
>[osx-pkg] Failed system call: " /usr/local/git/bin/git checkout
>--merge OSX-fixes " with error code 1
>Died at ./osx-packager.pl line 862.
>
>Would someone be so kind as to provide direction for me? Thanks!

Hi Joann:

Donno why it doesn't like OSX-fixes.  I don't have a development
environment set up here at the moment.  Try "-gitrev fixes/0.24".
You want to build a 24.1 version, right?

If you point your browser at https://github.com/MythTV you can browse
the code repository.  The OSX-fixes branch was last updated in April.
I believe Nigel has rolled all the good bits into the .24 and master
branches since then.

Craig