[mythtv-users] How many simultaneous recordings on one drive?

Alex Butcher mythlist at assursys.co.uk
Thu Sep 29 14:05:39 UTC 2011

On Thu, 29 Sep 2011, Mike Perkins wrote:

> On 29/09/11 01:46, Alex Butcher wrote:
>>
>> In fact, given the low quality of much of British TV, it's rare that I
>> even record from more than two or three virtual tuners simultaneously.
>>
> If you honestly think UK TV is low quality, you can't have travelled much.

I haven't travelled much, but I'm quite aware it's not the worst.

But still, that doesn't make it great. We've got 106 services at the moment
of those, most of my recordings come from Radio 4, Channel 4, BBC2, BBC4,
BBC1, E4 and Film4 before essentially declining to noise[*].

*
SELECT callsign,count(callsign) FROM recordedprogram JOIN channel WHERE
recordedprogram.chanid=channel.chanid GROUP BY callsign ORDER BY
count(callsign) DESC;

I <3 MythTV having a SQL backend.

Best Regards,
Alex