[mythtv-users] Too much time on LiveTV change

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Thu Sep 29 13:09:34 UTC 2011

On 11-09-29 09:03 AM, Kevin Kuphal wrote:

Not that I am a live TV watcher either, but just to be devil's advocate...

> In the US, it is relatively easy for me to split my cable signal and run it
> directly into my TV so that at any time I can switch inputs from MythTV to
> the TV and just watch the live raw signal.

Yeah, that's easy enough to do.

> My guess is that this is not
> quite as easy of a configure to set up with your television service?

Not if you want to be able to pause/rew/replay what you are watching
it's not, no.  :-)

Now that I think about it, cableco offers a free DVR (iirc).  I wonder
how suitable it's live tv with pause/rew/ffw is.  Maybe it's the happy
medium between myth's livetv and raw cable signal.

b.