[mythtv-users] OT? Shuttle + ProRAID or Obsidian case for i3/i5 Myth BE ?

linux guy linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 03:40:09 UTC 2011

Not to belabour the point, but I installed the hot swap cage and the wheels
on/in the Obsidian 650 case today.

Its easily the best PC/Server I have ever built.

I love how easily the sides come off to work on it.

I love how quiet it is.

I love how neat the inside is with routing the cables under the motherboard.

The hot swap cage and the hot swap bay in the case itself in conjunction
with the H67 6 channel SATA drive controller are simply to die for.   No
more screwing drives in and out of external enclosures and waiting for files
to copy via USB 2.0 !   Or even eSATA for that matter.   I've never had such
convenience for moving data around.   Backups will never again be a problem.

I never would have went this route were it not for this forum.

Thanks