[mythtv-users] DVB-S2 PCI-express cards

James Courtier-Dutton james.dutton at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 11:26:02 UTC 2011

Hi,

In addition to the great feedback I have seen so far, I can only find
one manufacturer that explicitly states in their datasheet the
sensitivity of the tuner.
The problem with some sat setups, is that the cable form the dish to
the receiver might be long.
The longer the cable gets, the more attenuation it gets. There is also
more attenuation during weather storms.
So, more sensitive tuners will work with longer cables and better in
bad weather.
I could only find the specification on TBS DVB cards.
For example, the TBS 6980/6981,6920 has  "Input level: -65~-25dBm ",
but a newer TBS 6984,6921,6922 has "Input Level: -69~23dBm".
So, the newer cards might work better with longer cables and bad weather.

Has anyone found this sensitivity information for Hauppauge, Octopus,
Mystique SaTiX, or TeVii cards?

Kind Regards

James