[mythtv-users] Hacking a Hauppauge pvr350 to generate ACPI wakeup?

Larry Finger Larry.Finger at lwfinger.net
Mon Sep 26 22:56:01 UTC 2011

On 09/26/2011 03:26 AM, Thomas Boehm wrote:

> This will also enable wakeup from your keyboard if it's a USB one. If
> you are running Ubuntu 10.04 you might need to revert to kernel
> 2.6.32-32 as there is/was a bug in later kernels which powered down the
> USB ports when suspending and therefore breaking USB wakeup.
>
> Ah, I've just seen in the wiki article that it addresses that problem
> now in the next chapter. Something to try out for me today ;-)

Please post that URL.

The code to powered down the USB hubs when suspending was put into the kernel to
eliminate a power draw issue, and is still in the latest (3.1-rc7). That change
caused an unrelated problem as my nVidia hubs go crazy when in reset mode too
long, and my logs were flooded with "Unable to enumerate port 5" messages. That
has been fixed by a quirk for this model that limits the reset time to 50 msec.