[mythtv-users] OT: UK - Capacity for 6 more FreeView HD channels

Andy Burns mythtv.lists at burns.me.uk
Mon Sep 26 07:42:13 UTC 2011

On 25 September 2011 10:15, Richard Morton <richard.e.morton at gmail.com> wrote:

> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/09/23/ofcom_600mhz/

Yes I read that, actually it could provide three extra muxes in 90ish%
of households, but I got the feeling they don't actually want three
new muxes, they're just getting arquiva to set a benchmark price based
on using the 600MHz spectrum for TV, then try to sell the spectrum for
more than that for "whitespace" use ... probably will backfire, then
arquiva or (shudder) sky make a cheaper bid for it as TV muxes anyway.