[mythtv-users] two active recording rules force a later recording?

Bill Bogstad bogstad at pobox.com
Sun Sep 25 22:05:36 UTC 2011

I have one of the canned custom recording rules set up to record the
pilots episodes of all new shows:

program.first > 0
AND program.programid LIKE 'EP%0001'
AND program.originalairdate = DATE(program.starttime)

I'm in the USA so this rule is getting lots of hits due to new shows
starting.   In some cases, I know that I want to record all the
episodes of a new program so I've already added explicit rules to
record them.   After I do this, the scheduler is deciding to record a
later showing of the pilot if there is one available.   This happens
even though all of my tuners are completely inactive when the pilot is
being broadcast for the first time.

My record all pilots rule has a lower priority then my explicit show
rule in case this might matter.

I can go into MythWeb and explicitly activate the earlier recording,
but would like to figure out if there is some way to avoid having to
do so.

Thanks,
Bill Bogstad

P.S. It may be that this is an old bug as I'm running an ancient version:

MythTV Version   : 21928M
MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-21-fixes
Network Protocol : 40
Library API      : 0.21.20080304-1