[mythtv-users] No sound after listening to Music

Kelvin kelvins at kelhome.dyndns.org
Sun Sep 25 19:19:54 UTC 2011

Also

Forgot to add that the audio setup for the music is "default".  I tried
changing to different settings, like copying what was under the general
section, but this made no difference.

Kelvin

-----------------------------------

Hello

Have an issue where Myth will not play any sound after listening to music.

Hardware:  Asus M2N32SLI-Deluxe motherboard.  On-board (optical) SPDIF
to receiver.  Also, connected motherboard SPDIF connector to 9600
graphics card.  Tv connected via HDMI.

Audio setup:
Audio output: ALSA:iec958:CARD=NVidea,DEV=0
Dolby digital ticked
Speaker Config: 5.1

Just upgraded kernel to 2.6.34.7 and Alsa from 1.0.17 to 1.0.24.  With
the kernel upgrade also meant new NVidia drivers.
So, I have basically replaced all the main components.  Running MythTV
0.24 on top of Centos 5.

What I can do:
Boot machine
TV plays AC3 or LATM
Play AVI movie = OK
Live TV (AV3/LATM) = OK
Play MKV movie = OK
Live TV (AV3/LATM) = OK
Play Music = OK
Live TV (AV3/LATM) = No sound
Play Movies (AVI, MKV) = No sound

Reboot machine and repeat = same issue.
Sometimes I get audio on the receiver, but not on the TV (TV connected
through HDMI which gets its source from the motherboard connector).

card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 0: AD198x Analog [AD198x Analog]
   Subdevices: 1/1
   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 1: AD198x Digital [AD198x Digital]
   Subdevices: 0/1
   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

Anyone got any possible directions where I can start to look to resolve?