[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.24.1, Ubuntu 11.04 and MHEG on Freeview UK

Lawrence Rust lvr at softsystem.co.uk
Sun Sep 25 19:06:57 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-09-25 at 19:39 +0100, Paul wrote:
> After some Googling I found this page where a lot of comments are saying
> they can't get BBC red button services after retunes on some TV's
> (http://www.tvandtech.co.uk/how-to-use-the-bbc-red-button/).
>
> Specifically Sandy Heath is mentioned and the MHEG spec being broadcast
> seems to have been
> changed due to the digital switchover. So I can now only think that
> something has been changed which is no longer compatible with MythTV, but I
> don't know what to look for to see what might have changed.
>
> The software Red Button MHEG Engine  says it is unable to load '/c/r_dls.rc'
> but still displays red button info.
>
> There is also a thread on Digital Spy
> (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1517896) about an SD-HD EPG
> link which works with some Freeview HD boxes and brings up an option to
> switch to an HD channel if the program you are watching is simulcast SD and
> HD. So whether this is being implemented using MHEG and it is affecting MHEG
> in Myth I don't know.

It would be very interesting to view exactly what MHEG data is being
transmitted.  Luckily Myth actually records the MHEG data stream in a
standard mpg recording.  So if you could record 2-3 minutes of BBC1,
without any transcoding, and upload it somewhere and post me a link then
I'll see if I can see anything different.

--
Lawrence