[mythtv-users] Mythvideo and wrong aspect ratio

Thomas Boehm mythtv-users at lists.boehmi.net
Sun Sep 25 00:46:06 UTC 2011

Saul A. Peebsen wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Sep 2011 22:58:25 +0100
> Thomas Boehm <mythtv-users at lists.boehmi.net> wrote:
>
>> I take it that you mean mkvproedit, but it seems that it isn't the
>> right tool for my problem. It looks like the problem doesn't lie
>> within the mkv header. mkvinfo doesn't report anything unusual with
>> the file
>
> Below is a snippet from man mkvmerge:

Thanks for your reply, but can you please stop posting in riddles? Are
all your posts like this?

I know all these options and tried mkvmerge first. As you can see in my
last post, the video dimensions reported by mkvinfo are correct.

|  + Video track
|   + Pixel width: 624
|   + Pixel height: 352
|   + Display width: 624
|   + Display height: 352

It doesn't matter whether I use mkvmerge or mkvproedit, the result is
the same and doesn't change anything as the values it sets are already
correct.

I'm not the expert and don't know what HandBrakeCLI reports. Maybe it's
the dimensions of the video stream and not the dimensions of the
container. And only the internal player of MythTV has problems with it,
all other players I tried display the video with the correct aspect ratio.