[mythtv-users] VMWare move. Firewire - ? Need input

Scott Smith pickle136 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 22 21:24:54 UTC 2011

Yes lirc has support for both of these, there are really 2 main options the
iguna-ir and command-ir (expensive).
http://iguanaworks.net/projects/IguanaIR/
http://www.commandir.com/

I have not personally used either, ive just come across them while researching
for possible channel changers. I ended up using firewire to my 6200.
But both of these are well known to mythtv users and im sure if you search or
ask you can get more details.
Although you would still be trail blazing and taking some risk in that your
hoping that the usb passthrough will work with these devices.