[mythtv-users] OT? Shuttle + ProRAID or Obsidian case for i3/i5 Myth BE ?

linux guy linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 15:27:42 UTC 2011

I won't be using the same disk for OS as recording.

OS gets its own 7200 500 GB drive.  I knew that much.

After that I'm foggy.  Does the Myth DB need its own drive, separate from
the recording drive ?

In another thread, people have convinced me I can run my NAS on the same
machine as Myth.   My NAS will be used to serve folders with hundreds of 20
MB digital images to Digikam and for backing up laptop data, stuff like
that.

Will this work if the NAS stuff is on its own disk ?   Does it need its own
disk controller ?

My motherboard has the H67 disk controller with 6 SATA channels.   Does that
mean I can run 6 disks at their full speeds or does the controller itself
get I/O limited ?

Thanks !