[mythtv-users] Upcoming recordings empty, table problem?

john rwc at bestpond.com
Thu Sep 22 01:51:27 UTC 2011

Hi Manuel.

Thanks for the response

On Thursday, September 22, 2011 11:03:58 AM Manuel McLure wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 5:29 PM, john <rwc at bestpond.com> wrote:
> > I am running mythtv on Opensuse 11.4 (Tumbleweed) using binaries from
> > Packman (myth versions mythtv0.24.1-0.pm.5.1-x86.64) which were updated
> > in past day or so.
> >
> > I have been using mythweb to check my system status across 3 systems as I
> > have been tracking a couple of tuner issues. Then yesterday I look at the
> > upcoming recordings list and got a 'broken' mythweb, no listing and these
> > messages:
> >
> > " Warning at /srv/www/htdocs/modules/tv/upcoming.php, line 95:
> > !!NoTrans: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()!! "
> >
> > "Warning at /srv/www/htdocs/modules/_shared/tmpl/default/header.php, line
> > 16:
> > !!NoTrans: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by
> > (output started at /srv/www/htdocs/includes/errors.php:150)!!"
> >
> > I then opened the mythtv frontend to check what upcoming recordings were
> > shown, and the list was empty with a message
> >
> > "You haven't scheduled any programs to be recorded'
> >
> > In reality there are programs always listed for recording each day. I had
> > a search on the wiki, googled and checked the mail list.
> >
> > I ran mythbackend --testsched
> >
> > This failed ending with the message 'Unable to execute query" Table
> > mythconverg.recordmatch doesn't exist.
> >
> > I would appreciate some advice to resolve this. Presently I have almost
> > no knowledge of mysql but can follow instructions.
> >
> > I do have daily database backups, and the most recent one relevant was
> > about 6 hours prior to the recordings stopping.
> >
> > Should I just restore the database or is there some direct action needed
> > with mysql to rectify the missing table?
> >
> > Thanks for any help here.
>
> I had the exact same problem, it turned out to be that the filesystem
> where MySQL was attempting to create temporary files was almost full.
>
> Check the setting for tmpdir in my.conf and make sure that the
> filesystem has plenty of space. If it doesn't, change tmpdir to point
> to a directory on a filesystem with plenty of space and restart MySQL.

I don't have a disk space issue (only 54% used), however on looking at my.cnf I found that
tmpdir was not set, so I did that and restarted mysql, I have since rebooted the system.

Unfortunately, that has made no difference to the problem, I still have no upcoming
recordings (they don't even come up in the TV Guide).

Thanks,
John

--
_