[mythtv-users] Upcoming recordings empty, table problem?

john rwc at bestpond.com
Thu Sep 22 00:29:10 UTC 2011

I am running mythtv on Opensuse 11.4 (Tumbleweed) using binaries from Packman (myth
versions mythtv0.24.1-0.pm.5.1-x86.64) which were updated in past day or so.

I have been using mythweb to check my system status across 3 systems as I have been
tracking a couple of tuner issues. Then yesterday I look at the upcoming recordings list
and got a 'broken'  mythweb, no listing and these messages:

"  Warning at /srv/www/htdocs/modules/tv/upcoming.php, line 95:
!!NoTrans: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()!! "

"Warning at /srv/www/htdocs/modules/_shared/tmpl/default/header.php, line 16:
!!NoTrans: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at
/srv/www/htdocs/includes/errors.php:150)!!"

I then opened the mythtv frontend to check what upcoming recordings were shown, and the
list was empty with a message

 "You haven't scheduled any programs to be recorded'

In reality there are programs always listed  for recording each day.  I had a search on
the wiki, googled and checked the mail list.

I ran mythbackend  --testsched

This failed ending with the message 'Unable to execute query" Table
mythconverg.recordmatch doesn't exist.

I would appreciate some advice to resolve this. Presently I have almost no knowledge of
mysql but can follow instructions.

I do have daily database backups, and the most recent one relevant  was about 6 hours
prior to the recordings stopping.

Should I just restore the database or is there some direct action needed with mysql to
rectify the missing table?

Thanks for any help here.

John

--