[mythtv-users] OT? Shuttle + ProRAID or Obsidian case for i3/i5 Myth BE ?

linux guy linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 23:25:22 UTC 2011

Great thread, people.  Thanks for the replies.

I agree that RAID isn't totally necessary for stored Myth content.

What I am not telling you is that I want to use the same hardware setup as
the Myth server for my NAS and Zoneminder servers.   And both of them DO
need failsafe storage.

The NAS server because it will be storing precious pictures, backups from
laptops, business documents, etc.

Zoneminder because we want to archive images from a dozen security cameras
for 90 days or so.

Given that I have some machines, though not necessarily the Myth server,
that do need foolproof storage, what do you recommend ?  rsync the various
machines onto a different machine each during off hours ?

Thanks !