[mythtv-users] Problems Running Headless MBE/FE with Fedora 15/Gnome 3

Kris B. krisbee at krisbee.com
Wed Sep 21 20:33:24 UTC 2011

On Wednesday, September 21, 2011 2:16 PM, "linux guy"
<linuxguy123 at gmail.com> wrote:

  The hardest part is finding/remembering the command line name
  for the apps (Do an edit on KStart and look at the properties
  for each).   The other issue is remembering to look at the
  title bar to see if the app is running locally or remotely.
  Other than that, its totally great.    I don't think it would
  work on a Windows box though...

It does... you just have to install an x server on a windows
machine (which I have).  Then I ssh (using PuTTY) into either or
my machines and I can run my programs on the remote machines and
display on the local windows machine.  Finding the free (as in
beer) xserver files is a bit challenging, it is hidden on a
website somewhere and that site makes you think you need to
purchase it, but you don't.  Small program, no biggie to have it
running and waiting for when I decide to ssh into a machine to
run a program (so much easier catalog dvd's when they are with
you in the living room then to have to carry them into the
computer room :) )
--
Kris B.
[1]krisbee at krisbee.com