[mythtv-users] FW: Channel listing on mythweb from PDA broken

Anthony Rooney rooneyo at iinet.net.au
Wed Sep 21 11:37:19 UTC 2011

> > Regarding your KWorld Tuner. I found this link regarding Tuning
> > problems and this card. Not sure if its your issue, and its over 12
> > months old, but may be relevent
> > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1458234&page=6
> >
> > Or this link, that indicates that updating your kernel to 2.6.37-12
> > (or
> > better) might solve the problem.
> >
> > Regards
> > Michael

Thanks Michael for the link which is most appreciated.

Reading through the entire thread made my heart sink to see many users
revert to windows media centre.
I also thought the card had a hardware problem as it had worked so well
before the upgrade to 0.24 but I also found it worked perfectly in Windows.

I'm not sure if I could follow the instructions from  MilaeBrothers so it
might be easier to revert to the old 0.23 image and see where that leaves me
otherwise reluctantly run Win7 and Media Centre.

When the only assistance that is offered is hectoring about semantics of the
format of your posts is you know your on to a looser and this forum is
determined to prevent Myth getting into the main stream.

Exclusivity requires you keep it complex and keep the plebs from adapting
the solution so I'm not surprised to see such hostility to making the
solution user friendly and stable.