[mythtv-users] May have found a cause for a bug I am experiencing with the verison of 0.24 that will eventually become 0.25

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 10:23:25 UTC 2011

On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 10:11 PM, Douglas Peale
<Douglas_Peale at comcast.net> wrote:
snip...
> $ cat mythtv-backend.conf
> # MythTV Backend service
>
> description     "MythTV Backend"
> author          "Mario Limonciello <superm1 at ubuntu.com>"
>
> start on (local-filesystems and net-device-up IFACE=lo and started udev-finish)

change ^^^^^ to vvvvvv:

start on (local-filesystems and net-device-up IFACE=lo and
net-device-up IFACE=eth0 and started udev-finish)

> stop on runlevel [016]
>
> #expect fork
> respawn
> respawn limit 2 3600
>
> pre-start script
>    [ -x /usr/sbin/mysqld ] || exit 0
>    for i in `seq 1 30` ; do
>       /usr/bin/mysqladmin --defaults-file=/etc/mysql/debian.cnf ping && exit 0
>       sleep .5
>    done
> end script
>
> script
>    test -f /etc/default/locale && . /etc/default/locale || true
>    LANG=$LANG /usr/bin/mythbackend --syslog local7 --user mythtv
> end script

The above change will make mythtv-backend wait until it can talk on
the eth0 interface to the outside world, not just on the local
loopback interface which won't get to external ethernet devices.

Craig.