[mythtv-users] Mythpreviewgen

Josu Lazkano josu.lazkano at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 20:56:03 UTC 2011

Hello to all, I write lots of post this last few days, I am trying to
get a stable system, I am getting lots of playback pauses from time. I
have two Nvidia ION boards with same problems, I started all these
post trying to fix my problem:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/engine?list=mythtv;do=search_results;search_forum=forum_1;search_string=josu%20lazkano;search_type=AND&sb=post_time

I am watching LiveTV with a "htop" terminal and I just hunt a process
with high CPU on the playback stops, is the /usr/bin/mythpreviewgen.
It is correlated with the stops, it happens 3 more time.

I got a screenshot: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1541853/mythpreviewgen.png

There are 2 mythpreviewgen process with 27% and 17% CPU usage. Could
it be this the cause of my playback stops? I read the wiki page about
the Mythpreviewgen (http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythpreviewgen), but
there is no much info about it.

Could I limit the CPU usage for this process? I would appreciate any
help, I hope this will fix all my problems.

Thanks for all help, best regards.

--
Josu Lazkano