[mythtv-users] OS X backend build with working firewire?

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Mon Sep 19 19:46:57 UTC 2011

At 8:01 AM -0700 9/19/11, Joann Bessler wrote:
>I'm still running 0.23 using a G5 backend. Over the weekend I downloaded and tested one of the 0.24 Sourceforge builds on an intel machine. As far as I can tell, firewire support is not working on those builds. Firewire recording is critical for the S(pouse)AF in my household. Another option would be to get a working 0.24 backend on the G5. I played around with building 0.24 for a PPC  several months ago, but ran out of holiday time before I got it working.
>
>Can anyone please point me to a working backend build for either architecture that supports firewire? If not, I'll roll up my sleeves and remind myself how to compile from source like in the old days.

Hey Joann:

Still running that G5, eh?  Looks like a fix was committed back in February 2011 to re-enable PPC compilation:

https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/4ce4707321aeec4387af11804265d9d4dba7b388/

BTW, did you know that the source is now controlled through Github rather than svn?  The build procedure is pretty much the same but you have to get osx-packager.pl from Git.  There is a page in the wiki with some more notes on the Mac OS X build process:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythTV_on_Mac_OSX_build

Good luck!

Craig