[mythtv-users] Line-up and different capture cards

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Mon Sep 19 12:08:37 UTC 2011

On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 6:35 AM, Jos Hoekstra <joshoekstra at gmx.net> wrote:
> I got the cards setup like this:
> Tuner 1-4: DVB-T stick
> tuner 5-6: PVR500
> Tuner 7: Cablestar HD2
> Tuner 9-10: HDHR tuner 1(I reduced simultaneous recordings on the
> cablestar from 2 to 1)
> Tuner 11-12:  HDHR tuner2
[]
> The problems I face are the following:
> 1) Myth likes the PVR500 so much it lets them record everything I plan,
> even though I'd like it to record digital.

If I were you, I'd go into mythtv-setup, delete all your capture
cards, and then add them back in so that the tuners are numbered best
first.  Since the PVR500 currently has lower numbering than the HDHR,
mythtv sees this as the preferred tuner.  I can't explain why using
input priority isn't working, but there are subtleties there that
often confuse people (including me) and it isn't necessary to use them
in this case.

> 2) Myth cannot tune the Cablestar after I scan channels on the HDHR or
> vice versa.

I can't think of why that would be.  You're sure you've set these up
to use independent video sources?

Eric