[mythtv-users] Possible to Disable Mute Status on Volume Change?

Brian Fischer brianafischer at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 19:50:17 UTC 2011

Is it possible to disable "mute" if the volume is changed on a Myth
frontend?

Pressing the mute key on my remote will display "Mute Enabled" for a few
seconds.  Behavior after this is confusing to the family and when walking up
to the TV after someone else has muted the system.

When mute is enabled, there is no notification that mute is enabled when
changing the volume.  The volume change appears to change normally and the
user is not notified they need to disable mute.

There are two things I could see useful to make the user interface more
intuitive:
1. Display a notification that mute is enabled if the user attempts to
change volume while the system is muted
2. Disable mute when the user changes the volume

I couldn't google up anything related to this.  Any feedback on if either of
these are possible or what the preferred operation would be?

Thanks,

Brian