[mythtv-users] Playback problem with VDPAU

Josu Lazkano josu.lazkano at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 18:40:46 UTC 2011

2011/9/17 Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>:
> On 09/17/2011 10:25 AM, Josu Lazkano wrote:
>> Hello, thanks for the reply. I just change the playback profile to
>> cpu+, but I am having more stops on the playback.
>
> Don't use any of the CPU+ ,CPU++ or CPU-- Playback Profile groups.  They
> have been removed from development MythTV because they're just plain bad
> ideas.  They depend on old and bad ways of decoding the video--using
> XvMC or PVR-350 decoder.
>
> Instead, you should use Slim as the "try to get things working" Playback
> Profile group (since it's the simplest--and is basically what MythTV
> used before we had Playback Profiles) or one of the VDPAU Playback
> Profile groups (if your video card supports VDPAU).
>
> So, since you're testing whether VDPAU decoding is the problem, try
> Slim.  Note, though, that Slim presumes that you have a CPU capable of
> decoding and deinterlacing in software (so won't work for an Atom user
> who's trying to decode HDTV recordings, for example).
>
> Mike

Thanks Mike for the explanation, I appreciate it lot.

I have a Atom CPU, so "Slim" don't work well (lots of playback stops),
I am trying "VDPAU Slim" and is working great (30 min). I have this
configuration:

Decoder: NVidia VDPAU acceleration
Max CPUs: 1
Deblocking filer: enabled
Video render: vdpau
OSD render: vdpau
OSD fade: enabled
Primary deinterlacer: Ninguno (none)
Fallback deinterlacer: Ninguno (none)
Custom filters: vdpauskipchroma,vdpaucolospace=auto

Is this correct? Need I an extra driver/xorg configuration?

I appreciate lots your help, I am getting this problem for a while.
With the last nvidia drivers I have less playback stops, is a random
problem. I can not reproduce, just fails sometimes.

Best regards.

--
Josu Lazkano