[mythtv-users] mythbuild.sh cross compile for windows qt error

Lawrence Rust lvr at softsystem.co.uk
Sat Sep 17 10:16:31 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-09-16 at 18:35 -0400, Eric Smith wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 6:58 AM, Lawrence Rust <lvr at softsystem.co.uk> wrote:
> > On Thu, 2011-09-15 at 22:19 -0400, Eric Smith wrote:
> > [snip]
> >> Thanks.  I noticed the mysql issue as well after I produced the log
> >> file.  I actually went in and changed the version in the build script
> >> and renamed the folder in the patch directory to match.  The build
> >> then completed with no other issues.  I finally got home this evening
> >> and had a chance to move it over to my windows box.  During the
> >> installation I did receive an error "Setup cannot copy the file
> >> libmythavcore-*.dll"  But I allowed it to continue and after a quick
> >> test things appear to be working pretty well.  Thanks again.
> >
> > NB the updated version of mysql (5.1.58) wasn't patched during the build
> > process as the version didn't match any in the mythpatches-0.24 that you
> > have.  If you build a debug version then there is an important patch to
> > apply to an assert that incorrectly fires during normal operation.
> >
> > You can download the updated patches from here:
> > http://www.softsystem.co.uk/download/mythtv/mythpatches-0.24.tar.bz2
> >
> > or just delete the old archive and mythbuild.sh will download the new
> > one.
> >
> > I've also updated the mythbuild.sh script with the mysql version change
> > and a fix to the download() function to ensure that it returns with an
> > error if an archive couldn't be fetched. The new script is here:
> > http://www.softsystem.co.uk/download/mythtv/mythbuild.sh
> >
> > --
> > Lawrence
>
> Are you saying the error I saw during installation was due to the
> missed patch, or is that error insignificant?

The installation error isn't important - it's due to ffmpeg build
changes and shouldn't affect normal operation.  I've fixed it in the
latest script.

However, the missing mysql patches are crucial to configuring Qt with
mysql support.  Without it Qt configure fails, well it does for me.  I
don't understand how your build completed successfully without them.

The patch is identical to that for mysql 5.1.55 so you could:
mv mythpatches-0.24/mysql-5.1.55-win32 mythpatches-0.24/mysql-5.1.58-win32

or simply delete the old patches and allow mythbuild to download the latest.

The patches also fix a problem with the debug build.  If you want to get
a full traceback for a runtime error then a debug build is essential.

>   I'll grab your new
> script and patches and do another build, but I'm not sure if I
> actually need that or not?

I think that you should run a clean build: mythbuild.sh -C

>   After a quick look last night things
> seemed to be working pretty well.  Now that I have had more time to
> play with it I'm having trouble getting consistent video playback.
> With the direct3d render I get "corruption" in the image (which I
> think may be the wallpaper/whatever other window is behind the video
> displaying).  The corruption seems to get worse if I move the video to
> the 2nd or 3rd monitor and have the window focus somewhere else.  If I
> use opengl playback will start and I can hear the audio, but the video
> never appears and the "playback starting" window stays on the screen.
> I'll work on grabbing some more logs to see if I can track down those
> issues, but if you have any thoughts its appreciated.

You may want to try Windows DXVA2 support.  If so you'll need to rebuild
mythtv:
DXVA2=yes mythbuild.sh -W -t0 mythtv

--
Lawrence