[mythtv-users] Sometimes: Protocol version check failure. The response to MYTH_PROTO_VERSION was empty.

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 20:45:09 UTC 2011

Mike,

I would just like to say that I am amazed by your patience and support of
users on this list. Your (and Mr Wagners) knowledge and support is amazing
and I commend you for your answers which are clear and complete.

There are many frustrations by new users to the open source community and to
this Myth community ( you know that I have aired my frustrations at times)
but I think that your responses and tolerance is amazing.

I am not meaning to be demeaning to this original poster, not at all you
have questions that are new to you, but if you think about the amount of
time that Mike has spent to compose this response (and it isnt be any means
the first time he has made a response like this; it is always an original
composition - not templated - and helpful, well worded and complete). Mike
and Robert, thankyou.

Thanks And Regards,

Richard Morton
07899 750400
GoogleTalk: richard.e.morton at gmail.com
MS Messenger: richard.e.morton at gmail.com

www.pidgin.im - One program that lets you sign into MSN, Yahoo, AOL and many
more 'messengers' at the same time
www.libreoffice.org - a free office suite
www.ubuntu.com - a free operating system that's easy to install, use, has
lots of free applications available and it is very secure
www.mythtv.org - Home media system