[mythtv-users] Picking up DVB-T2 HD channels with TBS6280 capture card

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 13:59:34 UTC 2011

I believe there was a thread on this card. As I understand and recall the
card only works with dvb-t or dvb-t2 but you have to configure it in advance
it won't change dynamicaaly. Please check gossamer threads.

Please excuse brevity and pistakes this email was composed on a mobile
phone.

Thanks and best regards,

Richard
On Sep 16, 2011 2:44 PM, "James Stocks" <stocksy at stocksy.co.uk> wrote:
> I want to be able to watch and record Freeview HD (DVB-T2) broadcasts. I
purchased a TBS6280 capture card for this purpose and installed it into a
machine running mythbuntu. I compiled and installed the latest drivers[1]
from the manufacturer's website and I've been able to get MythTV to tune
into the standard definition channels, but no HD ones. I followed a guide at
parker1.co.uk[2].

> I am able to receive Freeview HD channels perfectly with my TV's
integrated tuner. I see from my google searches that others have had success
with MythTV and Terrestrial HD, so what's the trick to getting MythTV to
recognise HD channels? I'm sorry for the basic nature of my question, but
I'm completely new to MythTV and DVB-T2 support seems quite new and
undocumented - I feel I may have bitten off more than I can chew.