[mythtv-users] Prioritize new episodes...

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Sep 15 18:53:35 UTC 2011

On 09/15/2011 01:01 PM, Tom Furie wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 09:33:21AM -0400, George Galt wrote:
>
>> My issue is that I **want** it to re-record episodes that it has
>> already recorded and that were expired from the system.  I don't
>> believe I've found a setting that says "treat expired recordings as
>> 'delete and re-record'"  The system seems to always treat them as
>> "delete (and do not re-record)".
> Hmm, I thought the default was to re-record expired shows that weren't
> marked as watched. I know there's a setting to re-record watched shows
> that expire. Perhaps your rule has "Don't record if this would exceed
> the max episodes" set?

Record new and delete old is not auto-expire.  That's why the episodes
aren't just stuck in a Deleted group and left until your hard drive
fills up.  They are actually deleted once the new episode is recorded.

Whether record new and delete old marks the episodes to allow re-record
is something I couldn't tell you (and don't have time to look through
code right now).

Mike