[mythtv-users] Exiting Frontend does not take you to mythwelcome, should it?

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Wed Sep 14 13:56:05 UTC 2011

On 9/14/2011 09:21, Andrew Hughes wrote:
> Im running mythbuntu, and when I exit the front end I end up on the
> desktop. To shut the system down I have to manually run mythwelcome
> and hit shutdown now. This is really annoying.

The only reason to run mythwelcome is because you have a frontend and
backend on the same machine.  The backend will not automatically shut
down if there is a frontend connected to it, so mythwelcome runs in a
non-blocking mode.  If you have a backend on the same machine, you
should not be manually triggering a shutdown.  If you don't have a
backend on the machine, then don't bother with mythwelcome at all.  Use
the shutdown option on the popup to confirm you want to exit
mythfrontend, or bind a button on your remote to shutdown directly.