[mythtv-users] PCTV nanoStick T2 290e dvb-scan

PJR pjrobinson at metronet.co.uk
Wed Sep 14 08:22:12 UTC 2011

It could be that mythtv uses a different set of transports to that used
by scan.  I've not tried the 290e yet with my production mythtv system
(the driver won't build on ubuntu 8.10). To get scan to work with the
290e on my other non-myth system (ubuntu 10.04) I had to modify the
transport tables for my local transmitter. Do you know which transmitter
you are using and hence it's transport values, especially for the HD
channels?  It could be that scan and myth use the transport tables
supplied in a slightly different way.  I've been told that the signal
from the transmitters includes data on the full set of transports it is
broadcasting on.  I understand myth uses this data to modify the
transports it uses (I've seen this happen), in which case myth could
find the T2 transports even though not in its original transport
tables.  However it could be that scan only uses the transport values
supplied and hence if these do not include the T2 channels these will
not be found.