[mythtv-users] MCEUSB Power button working to well.

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Tue Sep 13 20:00:28 UTC 2011

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 3:19 PM, Thomas Boehm
<mythtv-users at lists.boehmi.net> wrote:
> Maybe the Power button is defined a second time in ~/.lirc/irexec or
> another file with the suspend command. Just have a look with
>
> grep Power ~/.lirc/*

No, this isn't an lirc issue at all.  All of this has been moved into
the kernel, such that an mceusb remote can now be used as an input
device like a keyboard.  The kernel generates a KEY_POWER keypress
event even if lirc isn't running.

Off the top of my head, I don't recall how to configure how the system
responds to this event.

Eric