[mythtv-users] Myth backend: Console or GUI OS ? Init level 3 or init level 5 ?

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Tue Sep 13 14:15:15 UTC 2011

On 9/13/2011 09:16, Kris B. wrote:
> However, just my opinion, but in regards to a DE, you know text editors
> are fine, but sometimes having a "clipboard" is handy - when I work on
> the .xml files of a remote machine, it is nice to be able to copy and
> paste between two windows when working on a remote machine.  Those kind
> of features are only available with the extra crud of a DE, as far as I
> know.  If they are available in terminal text editors, I bet they are a
> pain to use:)

Erm... no.  If you want ctrl-c/v to work, you need to be running an
application that supports those hooks, be it independent or part of your
window manager.  If you just want a clip board, X itself provides that
with the middle mouse button.  You can even run moused and get that
behavior in the terminal without an X server.