[mythtv-users] What Tuner Did a Recording Come From?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Sep 12 23:06:08 UTC 2011

On 09/11/2011 12:31 PM, Alex Butcher wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Sep 2011, Michael T. Dean wrote:

>>> Your script doesn't find anything in my log files, because there are no
>>> lines containing "Started recording".
>>>
>>> I'm running 0.24-fixes from 12 Feb 2011, and the backend is running with "-v
>>> important,record,channel,siparser". Is it dependent upon a particular
>>> version of MythTV, or a particular verbosity setting?
>> It's logged at the default verbosity level (which contains important and
>> general--this message is, specifically, in the general messages).
>>
>> I updated the script to make it a bit better with 0.24 version output.
>>
>> I also updated the page with better (correct :) instructions.  Note that
>> all the information is in the master backend log file, so just run it
>> against that one--regardless of how many remote backends you have.
>>
>> So, download the new copy and try again.
> Sorry, no luck, despite downloading the new copy and running mythbackend
> with additional 'general,schedule' verbosity flags. Does mythbackend issue
> the same message regardless of the type of recorder card in use? I'm using
> DVB-T cards. The closest I get is:
>
> 2011-09-11 15:25:02.896 Updating status for "The Simpsons":"Homer Loves
> Flanders" on cardid 1 (Tuning =>  Recording)

FWIW, I don't see any possible way that this message won't be written on
any system--other than by disabling general messages.

My recommendation is to shut down your master backend and restart it
without /any/ -v arguments.  Run at the default verbosity, and you will
almost definitely see those messages.  Then, feel free to try adding
back some of the arguments you want to use, and you may figure out why
you're not seeing it/why it's not using the verbose level you think it's
using.

That said, do you really need to run with record,channel,siparser (and
possibly schedule)?

Mike