[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase does not import xml files anymore

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Sun Sep 11 15:32:15 UTC 2011

On 9/11/2011 07:18, Jelle De Loecker wrote:
> I used to fill my channel guide with these commands:
>
> mythfilldatabase --refresh-all --update --file 1 /tmp/be.xml
>
> Unfortunately, something changed. I updated the commands to fit the new
> switches, like this:
>
> mythfilldatabase --refresh-all --update --sourceid 1
> --xmlfile /tmp/be.xml
>
> But still: nothing happens. No data is added.

The command line parser only allows one data point to be specified per
option.  Since the parsing is now all done generically according to
rules, there is no clean way for it to know that option takes multiple
and different types of input.  The previous --file option now just tells
mythfilldatabase to operate in a specific mode, and --sourceid and
--xmlfile tell it what data to use.  You need to do:

mythfilldatabase --refresh-all --file --sourceid 1 --xmlfile /tmp/be.xml

> And when I choose Schedules Direct, well, it just starts to go crazy.
>
> So did someone remove the option to import xml files?

The --file option is for importing of XMLTV files.  Schedules Direct
uses a separate --dd-file option, with different additional requirements.