[mythtv-users] What Tuner Did a Recording Come From?

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Sat Sep 10 18:38:50 UTC 2011

Ronald Frazier wrote:

>Yep, it is easier. A lot easier, in fact. It's 1 or 2 lines in a cron
>script and you are done. I guarantee you'll have it up and running in
>less than 60 seconds. Now see how long it takes to integrate the
>change into myth in every place necessary, compile, test, make the
>patch, submit it, wait for someone to look it at, then have all the
>back and forth discussion about ...

Or put another way. Doing it in the program means doing it once.
Doing it the way suggested means everyone (who wants the feature)
duplicating the same steps time and time and time and time again.

Just playing devils advocate - at the moment I've only got one tuner
so it's not an issue for me.

--
Simon Hobson