[mythtv-users] {Disarmed} SV: HD-PVR, 0x17, And the color/hue/etc-settings.

Jerry Rubinow jerrymr at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 23:13:58 UTC 2011

On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 6:02 PM, Jan Johansson <j2 at mupp.net> wrote:

>  >
>   >Yes, see the note on the wiki page about downgrading to 1.5.7:
> >
>  *MailScanner har detekterat ett möjligt bedrägeriförsök från
> "www.mythtv.org" * >http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/HDPVR<http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/HDPVR>
>
> Yeah, I did see that. But i figured that since i ONLY use the HD-PVR, I
> should be able to find settings that "work" since I do not have to consider
> other tuners.
>
> However, If i want to downgrade, I assume I need to wipe the old FW somehow
> (I assume the installer will comment on the current FW being newer?)
>
> But, I cannot find a doc to hint me how to do that?
>
> ...or CAN you just downgrade from a newer version?

I think there isn't a reverse transform on whatever is happening to the way
the picture looks, or if there is, it is nontrivial to figure out.  On the
other hand, it is trivial to downgrade the firmware.  It's unnecessary to
wipe what is on there.  You can simply run the installer that comes with the
downgraded version and it will work.

-Jerry