[mythtv-users] {Disarmed} SV: HD-PVR, 0x17, And the color/hue/etc-settings.

Devin Heitmueller dheitmueller at kernellabs.com
Fri Sep 9 22:54:57 UTC 2011

On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 6:02 PM, Jan Johansson <j2 at mupp.net> wrote:

>>Yes, see the note on the wiki page about downgrading to 1.5.7:
>>
> MailScanner har detekterat ett möjligt bedrägeriförsök från "www.mythtv.org"
>>http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/HDPVR
> Yeah, I did see that. But i figured that since i ONLY use the HD-PVR, I
> should be able to find settings that "work" since I do not have to consider
> other tuners.

The issue has nothing to do with how many tuners you have.  The Linux
driver is improperly programming the registers, so your only option is
to downgrade the firmware (until somebody finds some time to fix the
driver).

> However, If i want to downgrade, I assume I need to wipe the old FW somehow
> (I assume the installer will comment on the current FW being newer?)
>
> But, I cannot find a doc to hint me how to do that?
>
> ...or CAN you just downgrade from a newer version?

You may have to remove the old driver first.  Just run the "hcwclear"
program that is available on the Hauppauge support site:

http://hauppauge.com/site/support/support.html

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs