[mythtv-users] scheduler settling with conflicts where they are resolvable

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Sep 9 16:12:18 UTC 2011

On 09/09/2011 10:27 AM, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> Well, it seems I cannot try this test since something very hinkey is
> going on.  I removed the override that I placed prior to force
> everything onto the digital tuner and the new schedule is now using the
> other tuners for the conflicts that were previously there.  I am
> absolutely most definitely positive it was not before.
>
> The scheduler has still left one conflict but that's because it's
> arrangement of recordings on digital and analog tuners is less than
> optimal and has exhausted the number of tuners.  I'd still argue that it
> should try harder

OK, since this thread was getting more annoying than wasting my own time
reading your scheduler output, trying to figure out what's going on, and
(possibly) typing up a long description of exactly what's happening
(rather than working on MythTV code), I finally went in and read through it.

FWIW, it looks like your input connections configuration may be broken,
based on the non-use of what I would guess (but can't say for sure since
you didn't provide a before/after fixing it --printsched and information
on your card and input configuration) are the IDs of virtual tuners on
what should be your most-preferred card.

You didn't do any "break my configuration by making Live TV higher
priority than recordings" type configuration, did you (by adding extra
virtual tuners for Live TV after initial configuration), did you?

You didn't put any priorities on any inputs or channels, did you?

Mike