[mythtv-users] scheduler settling with conflicts where they are resolvable

Brian Long briandlong at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 12:28:07 UTC 2011

On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 7:47 AM, Brian J. Murrell <brian at interlinx.bc.ca>wrote:

>   Even with the override and the
> schedule 98% good, I am still left with a conflict while there are idle
> tuners still available.

In my humble opinion as an end user, any time there are conflicts and idle
tuners which could resolve those conflicts, there is a "bug" in the
scheduler.  It might be the finite state machine (?) that the scheduler uses
has a problem or it might be the devs decided the scheduler was "good
enough" and it would be very difficult to make it  better.

I know nothing of the underlying decision tree the scheduler uses, but it
would be neat if it were documented visually in the wiki (SDL anyone?).  :-)

/Brian/