[mythtv-users] scheduler settling with conflicts where they are resolvable

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Thu Sep 8 20:07:21 UTC 2011

On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 8:26 AM, Brian J. Murrell <brian at interlinx.bc.ca> wrote:
> I understand the scheduler doesn't try every single permutation to get
> the best fit but gives up once a good fit is found, but I would posit
> that giving up when there are conflicts that could be resolved with more
> effort is not even a good fit.

The problem, I think, is with priorities. Myth doesn't seem to
understand equal priorities so well...it will ALWAYS favor something.
If the priority modifiers end up the same, then it will just favor the
recorder defined first. So that's my guess...even though you could
manually rearrange them to get the same results, for some reason it
favors one of those shows and doesn't want to bump it to a
less-favored recorder.

--
Ron Frazier