[mythtv-users] HDHR Prime out for delivery - Any issues installing?

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 00:41:02 UTC 2011

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 1:58 PM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 1:16 PM, Robert McNamara
> <robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> wrote:
> > That said, you probably won't want to use your firewire lineup, as
> > remember 5C protection and CCI flags do *not* have a direct
> > relationship with one another,
>
> Sort of.  I've never personally been able to get firewire capture to
> work on a channel that didn't also have CCI = 0x0, either with Comcast
> or Verizon.  (And my understanding is that having CCI = 0x0 is
> distinct from having no CCI set on the channel.)  In actual practice,
> what works with firewire might be identical to what works with a cable
> card tuner.
>
> > There's really no penalty in having a different lineup for both
> > devices.
>
> The only penalty I can think of is just having a bit more to manage
> and making the mythweb channel editor page even more unwieldy.
>
> Eric

Thanks for all the updates, this will be useful when I finally get a
CableCard. Silly me, I just assumed that one of the Charter offices within a
50-mile radius would have CableCards in stock. Their system is so awful that
they can't tell me if each office has one in stock, so my last hope is a 30
mile drive tomorrow. Otherwise I have to wait till Friday afternoon. The STB
hooked to my HD-PVR is an SA4250HDC, with the C standing for CableCard. I
wonder if I could yank the card out of that box and jam it in my Prime...